rusinsects.com
Warning: The FORUM is temporary unavailable. For any questions please contact: rusinsects.com@gmail.com
Other insects :  Russian Insects Forum
Any questions and problems for taxonomic status, distribution , biology of any insects. 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
wholesale taxidermy insects !
Posted by: Alex (IP Logged)
Date: September 20, 2004 07:58AM

Hello everybuddy !

we are whole sale supplier of mounted bugs/ butterflies/ etc. from Thailand and South East Asia

we supply directly from the insects farms and other direct sources which deal in this business for generations.

excellent quality, big variety, competetive prices, swift and reliable shipping - please ask for photos and details !

new bestselling insect related items such as boockmarks with real butterflies wings or real bugs in lucid acryllic resin made as keychains/ keyrings for cool daily wear or paperweights for office decor.

please contact:

ama_select@yahoo.com

sincerely

Re: wholesale taxidermy insects !
Posted by: Scott (IP Logged)
Date: February 10, 2005 10:31PM

Hello. I am trying to find a display (in a box) of a japanese hornet (Vespa mandarinia). Would you be able to locate one or tell me of a place that could help me?

Thanks,
Scott

Japanese Hornet
Posted by: Scott (IP Logged)
Date: February 10, 2005 10:32PM

Hello. I am trying to find a display (in a box) of a japanese hornet (Vespa mandarinia). Does anybody know of a place that could help me?

Thanks,
Scott

Re: Japanese Hornet
Posted by: mary kohl (IP Logged)
Date: August 31, 2005 03:08AM

Has there been any reports of the janpanese hornet in the state of missouri? Last year i noticed this huge flying thing i couldn't beleive how huge it was, i'm sure it is a japanese hornet. if any other reports of this in missouri, is anything being done about their presence or is it even a concern?

Posted by: paul sampsell (IP Logged)
Date: October 11, 2005 05:54PM

so how bout i just totally had a japanese hornet fly in my kitchen and i live in central pennsylvania! i managed to swat it to the grownd and it now captured in a jar! and no im not crazy im 1,000 % sure thats what it is. so im just gonna wait untill it dies and keep it, why not.

Posted by: Alex (IP Logged)
Date: May 12, 2006 08:31PM

last week one TV channel in Thailand had in news a report of several casualties - victims bitten by this monster. I don't think there were fatalities - but several people were shown hospitalised.

Posted by: Dan (IP Logged)
Date: June 13, 2006 12:38AM

No However, I have been facinated by the V. Mandarinia in everyway
If anyone knows where I may find one in Lucite case or any zoo that
may have them alive or dead I would like to study one up close for
the science of it.

Dan

Posted by: Manny (IP Logged)
Date: June 14, 2006 03:56AM

I think the Japanese Hornet is quite an interesting specimen, not only in it's physical form but it's survival instincts as well. living in New York city does not help my chances of ever seeing one in person, I would like to know where I can purchase one. Alive or in a jar/glass case etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm an artist and would love to catch the detail in this insect. internet pictures do not capture it's full detail. thank you

Lugo

Posted by: Melinda (IP Logged)
Date: July 21, 2006 02:41PM

My bug guy just left and said that's what I have. I have killed about ten over the last two weeks.

Posted by: Jim (IP Logged)
Date: August 09, 2006 01:45AM

I live in north Georgia and have 100's nesting in a tree in the backyard. It was hard to get used to them and not swat or swing as they fly by. They sound like a kid's gas powered helicopter when close and it makes the the neck hairs stand up.

Their nest is about 20 feet up the tree and the entrance is a small hole. After getting over my initial uneasiness, now I run the mower and weed eater around the tree base. They have never attacked or even bumped into me. They are spooky though, being an 1" to 1 1/2" long.

They are odd to watch...it seems like one acts as a sentry and guards the entrance then looks over all hornets returning to the nest (hive?)before they can enter. Insects of other species are driven off except butterflies. Butterflies actually land a couple inches from the entrance and arrear to collect nectar or something near the hole, the wasps go about their business and ignore them.

Sometimes the hornets "fight" each other and can often be seen locked together until one (the loser I guess) is thrown to the ground. It always recovers and flies off.

Other than basic college biology and digging up stuff on the internet, I have no additional education covering insects (entomology?)

Regards,
Jim

Posted by: Mark (IP Logged)
Date: August 19, 2006 07:18PM

I think I just captured a Japanese hornet in Central New Jersey. I've lived in Jersey my whole life and I've never seen a bee-like creature this big before. It was carrying a large beetle and when it landed to starte eating this thing, I put a plastic bowl over it and it went nuts. It won't get out since I put a piece of cement block over the rectangular bowl. I need to know who to get in touch with to report this, because this thing looks mean and who knows how dangerous it can be. I've seen what Japanese hornets can do, and it aint pretty.

Posted by: Ron (IP Logged)
Date: September 05, 2006 05:18PM

I was down in the smokey mountains this weekend (Cherokee Natl Forest around Ocoee, TN exactly) and there was a tree that was bleeding sap and there were 5-10 of them there are the base of the tree at any given moment. The ranger came by and told us what they were and asked if we wanted him to spray insecticide on them. They were VERY nonaggressive and other that freaking you out when they got close it was no big deal. I envisioned that the sting from one of those suckers would hurt, but just googled the hornet and found that it could send you to the hospital if it stings you. I guess next year I will have the ranger spray!

Posted by: Jeff (IP Logged)
Date: September 11, 2006 07:54AM

You are not finding "Japanese hornets" You are finding "European hornets" Read up on them...

Posted by: dori (IP Logged)
Date: October 12, 2006 02:34AM

Is it possible that your findings are of the Cicada Killer? This is actually a wasp and looks like the European Hornet, the only hornet in the U.S. Neither species is typically agressive and actually are beneficial to the ecosystem of the yard . Check out some of the pictures on the web and compare the markings. Very interesting! Good luck in your research. smiling smiley

Glass wrapped insects and butterfly keychains etc
Posted by: Rainy (IP Logged)
Date: December 01, 2006 10:46AM

Hi,

I'm Rainy and I am interested to find out more on the above items.
Do you have a website where I can view the pictures? I would also like to know your terms of purchase and the wholesale price.

Look forward to hear from you soon,

Regards,
Rainy Lim

Re: Glass wrapped insects and butterfly keychains etc
Posted by: beth (IP Logged)
Date: April 19, 2007 04:49AM

Hi,

I am interested in beetles or something metallic or irredescent for a fossil and moss centerpiece for my wedding. Can you help me?

Thanks,
Beth

Re: Glass wrapped insects and butterfly keychains etc
Posted by: David or Diane Crawford (IP Logged)
Date: May 21, 2007 06:21PM

Try necromance.com they have one in lucite and lots of other cool stuff.

pennsylvania hornet thing
Posted by: Darlene (IP Logged)
Date: July 28, 2007 05:42AM

saw what i thought was a hornet camping at the gettysburg kao bathroom. scared the crap outta me. was HUGE.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.